Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Green

Our house is now green. Softened Green and Oakmoss, to be exact. It really needs the new shiny white gutters, new doors, new mailbox, and new house numbers we have planned. But it's growing on us. I'll post before and after pictures when it's all done.

Green also happens to be one of FiG's new words, though she's still working on her consonants.

FiG's school has a scare yesterday. Read about it here. The article fails to mention that the idiot crashed his car into the retaining wall in front of the school when he spun off the Huron Blvd exit from the highway. Damage was minimal to the school grounds and the staff got a live run-through of a lock-down. I could still feel the adrenaline pumping through the place several hours later when I picked FiG up. There are amazingly stupid people among us every day and every where.

FiG figured out how to lay down on her back in the tub tonight. Tummy time wasn't so fun, but she was supremely proud of herself for laying down. She was bitten in school today. Worst one yet - it left a nice red mouth print on her arm. It was one of those "your on my side" or "I saw it first" arguments over one of 20 chairs to sit in for lunch. She hasn't been caught biting anyone in two and a half weeks now. I don't count myself in that record. She bites me every day. Today I deserved it - I put my finger in her mouth to check for new teeth. There's still a divot in my finger. And there aren't any new teeth.

No comments: