Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I don't want to."

I swear I heard FiG say "I don't want to" tonight. I told her it was time to go to her room and she ran away from me and said it. I know I was just hearing what I would have said were I in her place, but this kid is talking more and more and one day she'll string words together into a comprehensible statement that will stop me in my tracks.

Gran-E and Grandpa were here last weekend. One day together was all it took. FiG cried when we dropped them off at the airport. And every time she hears an airplane take off (yes, we live that close to the airport) she looks to the front yard, says "gee!" and "by-eee" and waves. Thank you Gran-E.

"Doggie" is the word of tonight. I could hear her over the monitor cooing "doggieeee" over and over again to herself. I wonder if she was playing with Julian, the Parisian dog who sleeps in her bed all night, even when she doesn't?

No comments: