Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spring! Come out, come out, where ever you are!

February was the wrong month to try and do daily posts. Perhaps winter was the wrong subject matter as well. I thought the posts would help keep me positive and get me through the longest month. Alas....I lost interest in surviving a Minnesota winter about two weeks ago. Could spring please get here quickly this year?

My problems with winter started last year. I wouldn't go so far to say that I have seasonal affective disorder, but by this point in the season, I find myself more moody and sensitive. It doesn't help that December and January both averaged high temperatures 5 degrees below normal and we went through a stretch of 30+ days in a row of sub-zero temps. Then February arrived and so did the 40s. All the snow melted. Then it froze. Then it melted. Then it snowed 7 inches. And we're back to single digit overnight lows this weekend.

February also brought the sickies to my little family unit. Currently all of us are sick. FiG has it the worst with bronchitis and an ear infection. On drugs is she. I'm working though fever, nausea, and a bad sore throat. On drugs I am not. Stupid theories about over prescription of antibiotics. Bah. A-Mo has powered through congestion, aches, and fatigue this week.

Tomorrow is a new month. I will take on a new attitude. Spring is merely 21 days away. At least I don't have it as bad as the vole/mouse FiG and I found by the back steps yesterday. It allowed me to get close enough to it to actually pet it and pick it up by the tail. I moved it to the wood pile by the garage - away from the house. Poor thing only made it a few feet from the garage. I saw it on top of the snow last night. It's still there....with some tracks in the snow to suggest another critter came sniffing about.

No comments: