Friday, January 11, 2008

Easy Recipe Contest

For the past few years, my friend Kate dropped a loaf of this amazing bread off at our house right before Christmas. Last year, my dad and husband inhaled it inside of an afternoon. Kate is having baby #2 in a few weeks so there was no bread delivery this holiday. She shared the recipe with me and I promised to make it and deliver some to her house. This is one of those easy recipes with few ingredients and few instuctions and HUGE pay off - it's delicious!

If you have easy recipes that you love, I challenge you to beat this! Submit your recipes and I will test and post them.

Cherry Walnut Bread
Blend 3/4 C sugar, 1 C room temp butter, and 2 eggs. Combine 2 C flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with 1 C buttermilk to butter mixture. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla, 1 jar chopped maraschino cherries, and 1/2 C chopped walnuts. Pour into buttered loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes at 325F. One batch makes one large loaf or 4 mini loaves.

I plan to experiment with fresh and frozen cherries throughout the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not gonna happen. This bread is baked sin.