Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back in the classroom?

Sort of. This afternoon I co-presented a session on direct mail fund-raising at a two-day conference for fund-raising professionals. The session was geared towards newcomers to direct mail. I think it went well. I enjoyed being in front of the classroom (it was an actual classroom at a local college). It felt very different from the last time I taught a class. Probably because this time I didn't second guess every thing that came out of my mouth. It was good for me to do this. I'm working on another teaching opportunity for later in the summer and this session was good practice. But it was also good because I got really soured on teaching when it was my job. I didn't enjoy it, I wasn't good at it, and I didn't have much perspective. So I'm glad to have finally let go of all of that. But there's still no way I'll go back to teaching as my job.

No comments: