Monday, May 19, 2008

A yarn treat




















This is hand-spun and hand-dyed by Aisha Celia Designs. Here's a close-up shot of the detail in my finished product, a short potato chip scarf. It's mostly green with bits of salmon, teal, cream, and bits of metallic threads (almost like tinsel) throughout. The color combined with the variation of texture made it a joy to work with.

The moment I laid eyes on this yarn, peeking out of a big basket of knitter's eye candy, I thought of my mom. It was right before Mother's Day when I found it and since it's impossible to get anything done on a pre-FiG schedule anymore, it will be a Memorial Day gift. Mom, I know you're reading.....surprise! You can pull this one off. Just be open minded. (It's more like a kerchief than a scarf!)

1 comment:

AnneR said...

Perfect yarn for that type of scarf! I'm sure it will be a hit.