Thursday, May 15, 2008

Repeat performance.

FiG bit another child today. It was on the slide. There's trouble in Young Toddler Town.

I can't stop thinking about this. It's upsetting. I know it's normal for a kid her age to bite. I know that teething could be part of it. I know that simple exploration could be part of it. I know that frustration over not being able to communicate clearly could be part of it.

But I'm worried that she might turn to biting as a self defense mechanism or worse, a way to assert herself. A-Mo and I have been firm with her on this topic, but she doesn't understand us yet. She has both of our personalities in her, but there's no way we are going to raise a bully.

I'll get some greater perspective when school calls and says she has to leave the premises. Snort.

No comments: